Have fun and adventure while making a difference in the lives of very poor but bright young Kenyan women.
If you choose to volunteer as a CHES Agent, you will:
- live in clean, comfortable, secure accommodation in Kakamega, an African town in Western Kenya
- interview candidates for CHES Scholarships
- meet students as you take photos, and collect marks and letters to sponsors
- support life skills workshops for the girls
- work hard at times, but enjoy yourself, if you choose, visiting world-famous game parks, attractions and beaches in Kenya, Tanzania and other nearby countries
Length of commitment is 3-6 months. However we welcome volunteers for shorter periods of time, as you will be warmly received at CHES House no matter how long your visit.
Your airfare and certain other expenses may be an allowable tax deduction; please contact the CHES treasurer for information about obtaining a tax receipt.
If you are interested please contact us.
Some of our former Agents consider their volunteer time in Kakamega to have been one of the best times in their lives.