Don’t let a bright girl’s ambitions end with Primary School.
- Girls in Kenya and Tanzania can’t go to high school if they have no funds for fees.
- CHES provides scholarships to female students who meet scholastic standards.
- Girls often lose in the competition for scarce family resources.
- School fees are more than the total annual income of poor rural families.
- Families often choose only to help their sons.
Help us help them!
- You can help a student by becoming a donor, sponsor, or agent. At least 95% of your scholarship donation goes to support the CHES girl’s education.
- While CHES is based in Canada, we accept support from anyone, anywhere! A donation of any amount is much appreciated and helps with the many expenses of our frugal organization.
Donate through Canada Helps, or check other ways to donate.
Click "Donate Now" to go to the "How You Can Help" page for information on ways to donate to the Canadian Harambee Education Society.
Teacher Kiersten Brooks and students Yuvi, Mateo, Lola, Ariel, Rhyley and Sara present CHES Director Catriona Harker with gifts for Roda and letters for Tanzanian students
Click to see Facebook post As posted on Facebook, former CHES student and head of the alumni group CHEBAK graduated from university on December 19th, 2018
Chris McDonald and Kim Koenig are two enterprising, energetic and committed teachers at Stelly's Secondary School in Central Saanich. They jointly teach a Global Perspectives class over a two-year period
On the 20th of October, 2018 CHES held a graduation ceremony for the students who are staying at Sara William Hostel in Katesh, Tanzania. It was very good as
Our Annual Appeal for 2018 has been launched! Click below to view the PDF. If you wish to donate to the CHES Annual Appeal, please use the Donate Now button
The CHES Fall, 2018 Newsletter has been published! Click the image above (or here) to read all the latest news. Our newsletter is circulated semi-annually and the latest edition is
More photos and a trip report from CHES Tanzania's treasurer Naomi Saulo's visit to balmy Saskatchewan: Naomi in Saskatchewan
See more photos and read the complete trip report here: NaomiVisit2018.
Here is a shot of CHES's Tanzanian treasurer, Naomi Saulo, at the Canadian Harambee Education Society's September 8th Annual General Meeting with executive director, Joy Ruffeski:
Have you seen our post about the Huber’s experience as CHES agents in Kakamega? You, too, could have this life-changing experience! You will have a lot of fun and adventure
The CHES AGM was held Sat., Sept. 8th, 2018, at 2 p.m. in the New Westminster Centennial Community Centre. The meeting was well attended. Lorrie Williams opened the meeting and