- You (or your group) can sponsor a girl for a full year for only $600 a year ($50/month). As the secondary programme in both Kenya and Tanzania lasts four years, we hope you will commit for this period; you and your girl will come to know each other over this period. But if the full four years can’t be managed, CHES will find a way to resolve such issues.
- Payment options:
a) Mail a cheque (or post dated cheques) to
CHES OFFICE, 102B – 9030 King George BLVD, Surrey, B.C. V3V 7Y3, CANADA
b) Pay by credit card through the CanadaHelps secured website
c) Contact our office (778 565 5261; firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange an E-transfer.
d) Securities, bonds, bank drafts, or postal orders are also accepted. Please contact our office.
- All sponsorship money goes directly to support CHES girls in Kenya and Tanzania.
- Administration costs are covered by separate donations from individuals.
- US Donors can sponsor a student through the American Humanist Society in order to receive a tax receipt. Send to The Humanist Society, 1777 T. Street NW, Washington, DC, 20009-7125 USA and request that the donation is forwarded to CHES Canada.
- You will receive a photo of your student, plus her marks and a personal letter each term. Writing to her is encouraged.
Other ways to donate
If you cannot manage a full scholarship, why not pay what you can? CHES will put your donation with others to make up scholarships. Or your donation can be spent on student support, administration, scholarship support, workshops, or textbooks.
- Donate as much or as little as you like… all donations from Canadians over $20.00 receive a tax receipt. US Citizens get a tax receipt if the donation is made through the Humanist Society.
- All donations are hugely appreciated and carefully used. More about how we use your money.
We ask you:
- not to send CHES books, clothes, or other items. We haven’t funds to ship things to Africa, they may not be what is needed, and it is CHES’s policy to help the local economy by buying there.
- that, if you pay through Canada Helps, please add $25 to your annual donation to defray the 3.9% fee Canada Helps charges us (which is deducted from your donation)
- to be aware that Canada Helps requests a donation as you complete your donation to us, but this extra amount, although it assists Canada Helps to continue their service to small charities, it does not benefit CHES. This is an additional donation you have made to Canada Helps